Gilbert CPAs is one of the largest regional accounting firms and has been serving individuals and organizations in Sacramento and throughout California since 1984. We offer audit, tax, and consulting services to a wide variety of clients including privately held businesses, non-profits, public entity risk pools, educational entities, governmental entities, and employee benefit plans. We’re passionate about what we do and the clients we serve.
We recruit high-quality prospects and invest in our staff members to keep them current and growing in their profession. Our commitment to continuing education and career development ensures instruction in a full range of topics essential to your success.
Gilbert provides at least 40 hours of CPE training per year. In addition to Gilbert University, the firm’s curriculum of internal training provided exclusively for Gilbert staff members, our senior staff frequently attends AICPA and CalCPA state and national conferences, and other professional development training through our association Allinial Global. This allows our staff opportunities to network with other CPA professionals and receive training on the latest changes to accounting standards and methods.
Gilbert has a mentor program designed to assist you in your professional success. When you join our team, you will be paired with a mentor. You will meet regularly with your mentor to determine your short-term and long-term goals, develop a plan for the coming year and identify tasks for reaching your career goals.
Our office environment is relaxed and friendly. We are proud to defy the “stuffy accountant” stereotype. From friendly competitions at our monthly staff meetings to water balloons at the summer picnic to dancing at the holiday party, we enjoy a combination of work and play. We also have fun volunteering together during our annual Community Service Day and are proud of our staff's community involvement.
We have been recognized by the Sacramento Business Journal as a Partner in Philanthropy and an A+ Employer.
Gilbert is currently seeking a Sr. Associate to join their tax department. The candidate for the Sr. Associate should be a CPA or CPA candidate, with 2 to 5 years of experience in public accounting, specifically taxation. The candidate must have excellent analytical, organizational, and project management skills.
• Assist managers and partners with tax services including planning, research, and compliance.
• Prepare income tax returns for various entities and individuals. Demonstrate the ability to apply advanced tax and accounting concepts when providing tax planning or tax preparation services.
• Recognize potential problem areas in projects/returns and discuss them with appropriate team members.
• Demonstrate a general understanding of the client's business to identify relevant tax issues. Suggests client tax planning ideas to a manager or partners.
• Interact with clients on tax return information, deadlines, and other compliance matters. Look for opportunities to provide additional services to clients.
• Prepare correspondence with IRS and state tax authorities.
• Develops and expands technical capabilities that require special training, experience, or knowledge.
Desired Skills and Experience
• CPA or CPA candidate with 2-5 years of experience in public accounting.
• Bachelor's degree required.
• Must possess technical tax knowledge related to C Corporations, S Corporations, Partnerships, Individuals, accounting methods, property transactions, and tax research
• Ability to develop and maintain strong client relationships. Provides superior customer service.
• Must have excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
• Must possess excellent project management and analytical skills.
• Ability to use a personal vehicle for occasional same-day travel for work at the client's office, meetings, and seminars.
• Must be able to work overtime as required throughout the year.