We are seeking a Sr. Associate to join our tax department. The candidate for the Sr. Associate should be a CPA or CPA candidate, with 2 to 5 years of experience in public accounting, specifically taxation. We are seeking an individual with excellent analytical, organizational, and project management skills.
• Assist managers and partners with tax services including planning, research, and compliance.
• Prepare income tax returns for various entities and individuals. Demonstrate ability to apply advanced tax and accounting concepts when providing tax planning or tax preparation services.
• Recognize potential problem areas in projects/returns and discuss with appropriate team members.
• Demonstrate a general understanding of the client's business to identify relevant tax issues. Suggests client tax planning ideas to manager or partner.
• Interact with clients on tax return information, deadlines, and other compliance matters. Look for opportunities to provide additional services to clients.
• Prepare correspondence with IRS and state tax authorities.
• Develops and expands technical capabilities which require special training, experience, or knowledge.
Desired Skills and Experience
• CPA or CPA candidate with 2-5 years of experience in public accounting.
• Bachelor degree required.
• Must possess technical tax knowledge related to: C Corporations, S Corporations, Partnerships, Individuals, accounting methods, property transactions and tax research
• Ability to develop and maintain strong client relationships. Provides superior customer service.
• Must have excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
• Must possess excellent project management and analytical skills.
• Ability to use a personal vehicle for occasional same day travel for work at client's office, meetings, and seminars.
• Must be able to work overtime as required through the year.